Before shooting us an email, here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions sent to us:
1. What does the payment cover?
- The fee you pay will cover venue rental, lunch, handouts & the certificate.
2. What are the topics to be discussed?
- God’s design for marriage, Roles of husband & wife, communication, conflict resolution, sex & money.
3. Who will be the speakers of this workshop? Are they qualified?
- Speakers are regular married couples who go through normal marital troubles & have succeeded in overcoming them. These speakers have volunteered to share their experiences & learnings.
4. Are the speakers paid?
- Speakers are all volunteers and do not receive any money. We are all doing this for our burden of decreasing the # of failed marriages and for our love for Jesus.
5. Is this exclusively for Christians?
- No, we welcome anyone from any religion to take part in the workshop. Please note though that all advices will be based on the Christian bible.
6. My fiance is a Catholic, while I am a Christian, are we still qualified to join the workshop?
- As long as you believe in the same bible and worship the same God, you are qualified to join.
7. My partner is in another place, can I attend alone?
- No, since this is a couples workshop, a lot of exercises would require the participation of each partner.
8. We’re interested to join the workshop but we’re already married, is it still possible for us to attend?
- Though this workshop is designed for soon to be weds, yes you can still join but not qualified to pick a prize. We are organizing an overnight retreat though in the future for couples who are already married.
9. Can this be a replacement for the Church requirement?
10. I heard there are prizes if we attend the workshop, what are we guaranteed to get?
- Everyone gets to bring home a prize. We cannot guarantee what it is but it will surely be worth more than what you paid for. These prizes are solicited from different suppliers and each couple who completes the workshop (from start to end, no lates) will get to pick.
11. Does everyone get a prize?
- Everyone who completes the workshop and comes on time gets a prize. Latecomers are not entitled to win prizes.
12. Is the prize transferable?
- All prizes are transferable only to attending participants.
13. What happens if I pick a prize I cannot use?
- We ask all those couples who are not satisfied with the prize they got to stay behind. Then we will have a swapping time where you can exchange your prize with other couples who are not happy with their prize.
14. Can I exchange the prize for money or add-ons (rentals: projectors, bubble machine, etc) not included as prize?
15. Are we guaranteed a successful marriage if we take this?
- The bible says we need to preserve our marriage AT ALL COSTS. The success of your marriage will depend on how you live out on a daily basis the lessons taught in the bible. We cannot guarantee successful marriages; actually some couples have actually broken up after attending our workshop realizing that they were not meant for each other after all.
16. What happens after?
- Though 90% of people get fired up after attending Before I Do, the sad truth is there is what we call “passion leaks” over time and because of normal tensions that we face everyday. What we learn leaks out and after awhile we are not as passionate about making the marriage work. After marriage, we realize its not fun as we thought it was. Therefore, we encourage our couples to join communities where they can share experiences with couples who experience the same things and get sound biblical advice.